We want your feedback!
posted by Khara Hanlon on Tuesday, Feb 12, 2013
Show all blogs
1. What piece of Ravel music was commissioned by Diaghilev but rejected in 1920?
2. Helgi Tomasson, artistic director of SFB is originally from what city/country?
3. When was Balanchine's Mozartiana choreographed? 1933 or 1981?
4. True or False: John Neumeier was born in Hamburg.
5. A meringue-based dessert is named after which Russian dancer?
6. What was Jerome Robbin's last work for NYCB?
7. True or False: Giselle's original choreography is by Petipa.
8. What is the oldest national ballet company in the world?
9. Who wrote an autobiography titled, "The Body Is a Clear Place?"
10. Who was the first male dancer in Trisha Brown Dance Company?
11. Jose Limón's last piece was choreographed to what composer?
1. La Valse
2. Reykjavik, Iceland
3. Both! The 1933 version was Balanchine's first full-length Tchaikovsky ballet. The 1981 version is one of his last works.
4. False, he's from Wisconsin.
5. Pavlova - It's really popular in Australia and New Zealand.
6. Allegro con grazia
7. False. The first production of Giselle was choreographed by Jean Coralli and Jules Perrot.
8. Paris Opera Ballet
9. Erick Hawkins
10. Stephen Petronio
11. Trick question. 1972's Carlota is performed in silence.