We want your feedback!
posted by Jenny Dalzell on Tuesday, Jun 18, 2013
Show all blogs
Shaping Sound—the company created by Travis Wall, Nick Lazzarini, Teddy Forance, and Kyle Robinson (see "Who Needs the Drama" in your July issue)—brought its loud and darkly-lit That's Where I'll Be Waiting production to the Beacon Theater in Manhattan last night. (One reviewer's opinion, here.) In a house full of screaming teens and their moms, several notable figures stood out in the crowd, making it quite a fun night to people-watch.
1. Former Putnam County spelling bee contestant, and now lawyer, father, partner, uncle, and brother—you guessed it, Mitchell Pritchett from Modern Family (aka Jesse Tyler Ferguson)
2. Ren McCormack (no, not Kevin Bacon) from Footloose and easy-on-the-eyes teen hearthrob, Kenny Wormald
3. Ratmansky's first Clara and now rising talent in American Ballet Theatre Studio Company, Catherine Hurlin
5. The mom of the hour, Denise Wall
6. Newly appointed ABT ballet master Keith Roberts
7. Twyla Tharp's second-in-command for The Times They Are A-Changin' and Come Fly Away, Kim Craven
8. Rockette-turned-fashion-designer, Jo + Jax co-creator Joey Dowling
9. So You Think You Can Dance Season 8 winner Melanie Moore
10. Cedar Lake dancer (and Season 6 and 7 SYTYCD favorite) Billy Bell
(One can only imagine who else was in the audience of David Hallberg and Polina Semionova's Swan Lake ten blocks away...)